GOWERTON COMMUNITY COUNCIL

CYNGOR CYMUNEDOL TREGŴYR

Minutes of the Meeting of Council held at via Microsoft Teams at 7.30pm on Wednesday 7 April 2021

 

 

PRESENT:  Councillors Ann Guard, Ros Holt, Viv Davies, Amanda Guard, , Linda Bolchover, Lyneth Snodden-Howells,

 Barbara Small,Susan Jones, Paul Emmerton

 

Clerk to the Council:  Allison James.

 

107.      APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE – Cllrs Gareth Evans, Peter Morgan, Elwyn Gedrych

 

108.      DISCLOSURES OF INTEREST FROM MEMBERS: none

 

109.      MEETINGS WITH: None held due to Covid-19 restrictions.

 

110.   TO RECEIVE ANY PUBLIC REPRESENTATION – None

 

111.  COUNCIL MINUTES: 3 March 2021

.

a)  The Minutes were accepted as a true record.

b)  Matters Arising: The written report of the Clerk regarding matters arising and subsequent actions taken were noted.

 

112. TO RECEIVE THE REPORT BY THE WARD MEMBER:

 

Monthly Report for March 2021.

 

Meetings for the Council are ongoing as normal with TEAMS.  The end of the financial year is on us again - who would have thought that the situation with the pandemic would still be continuing.  The Budget at the Primary School has been discussed in the Governor Meeting, with payments being made to allow for the pandemic and the costs it has incurred.  We are very fortunate to have great schools in the village.  During this month we have a new Local Area Coordinator appointed to the village (Donna Kendall). Donna is busy trying to get to know many people in the village to continue to support the vulnerable people. I have given her many contacts to help her, including our Clerks telephone number.

 

During this month I have been contacted by residents regarding fly tipping on Sterry Road with both items of furniture and black bags.  I would remind people that the black bags are opened and details of addresses are followed up. 

 

Thank you to the Authority in the swift reaction to the removal of the tree in Fairwood Terrace, making the footpath a safe area.

 

The Farmers Arms Food Share are helping out a few families in the village, so if anyone knows of a family that would benefit please let me know.

 

The Manager, Dan Jones from the Co Op, has left our store and has taken up the position of Manager at the Killay Shop.  I would like to thank Dan for all the support he gave the village during the past year and wish him all the best in his new role. I look forward to the new manager being appointed.

 

I have had a virtual meeting with Officers alongside Allison our Clerk, to discuss the possibility of establishing a coffee outlet in the Elba Sports area and am awaiting information on this project and the possibility of grants to assist.

 

The Rugby Club are progressing the pedestrian entrance to the area, and I have made a contribution from my Community Budget to ensure that access for disabled is included.  This would assist in the safety of both children and adults in crossing that busy road.

 

The Planning Application for Cefn Gorwydd is again being considered on the 13th of April, Pobl have altered their application to reflect the reason for the refusal in March, but still reduced their contribution to the 106 Agreement.  I have again registered my objection and over 70 residents from the surrounding area have also objected.

 

Both Bus shelters are completed now and the one established by C.K’s was requested by residents who were waiting for the buses.  This will be great when it rains.

 

There have been a number of reports of vandalism and break ins within the village over the last month and indeed, there was an attempted break in to the Library.  The Police have been informed.

 

The Swansea Council have received grants for “Active Travel”(cycle routes) and papers are being submitted to Cabinet on a Scheme for Pont y Cob to look at the feasibility of this project.  This would enhance the cycle network for the area.

 

The Library is back to allow browsing by members of the public and the new heating system is working well.  Big thanks again to the Library Staff for their continuing support in the village.

 

I have been contacted regarding the upgrading of the play area in Park Road, the specifications have been submitted to tender and we await the contractor being appointed.  I have asked for inclusive equipment suitable for children of all abilities including items suitable for children in wheelchairs between the age of 5 and 14 years of age.  The safety area will again be repaired and extended.  Hopefully, the local children will look after this area and report those that vandalise the park.

 

Still some issues with the new cycle path, I have received some complaints from the residents of Alder Way regarding the disrespect towards the residents by some of the people who use the track.  I would appeal to the users to refrain from riding their bikes over the gardens, limit the dogs using their gardens and if they have a picnic on the side of the road to pick up the litter.  New signs have been located at the entrance with a litter bin at the end of Fairwood Terrace.

 

 

113.  TO RECEIVE THE REPORT OF THE CHAIRPERSON

 

No report received.

 

114A  REPORT OF THE CLERK

 

1.         Are we able to fund some signage for dog waste signs on Sterry Road?

2.         Membership renewal for One Voice Wales - £774

3.         Defibrillator purchase – Welsh Hearts or Heartbeat Trust UK?

4.         I will be preparing end of year accounts by the AGM in May.

 

 

114 (B)  FINANCIAL MATTERS

 

Order Number

Date

Creditor

Subject

Net

VAT

Total

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

105

05/03/2021

HP Ink

Month of February

22.99

0

22.99

106

11/03/2021

Bay Landscapes Ltd

Month of February

202.92

40.58

243.5

107

11/03/2021

Clerk Mileage

Up to March 2021

26.55

0

26.55

108

16/03/2021

HMRC

06/1/21 - 5/02/21

280.26

 

280.26

109

16/03/2021

Cllr Howells

Renumeration Fee

150

0

150

110

16/03/2021

HMRC

06/03/21 - 05/02/21

280.26

0

280.26

111

17/03/2021

Cllr Evans

Renumeration Fee

150

0

150

112

17/03/2021

Clerk Phone allowance

Month of March

32.5

6.49

38.99

113

25/03/2021

Clerk Salary

Month of March

802.24

0

802.24

114

31/03/2021

IONOS

Website

22.5

4.5

27

                           

 

 

 

 

 

114(c) CORRESPONDENCE

 

 

1/3/21

 

Email from a local resident asking when the link between Fairwood Terrace and Gowerton Station will be complete. Reply sent saying as soon as we know, I will keep him informed.

 

Email from Martin Bignell, Swansea Council regarding the tree on Fairwood Terrace advising that it needs to be felled ASAP.

 

Email from Cllr Jones asking what is the next step re tree? Are Council responsible for advising the owners of the land?

 

2/3/21

 

Email from Cllr Davies – notes from the meeting she attended with Transport for Wales.

 

Email from Katie Powis, keep Wales Safe – marketing material.

 

4/3/21

 

Email from One Voice Wales - WG Electoral Newsletter - February / Newyddlen Etholiadol LlC – Chwefror

 

One Voice Wales - Summary of key provisions of the Local Government and Elections (Wales) Act 2021 for the Community and Town

 

5/3/21

 

Email from Cllr Jones – correspondence from Swansea Council regarding road repairs in Gowerton. Forwarded to all Councillors.

 

9/3/21

 

Email from Katies Powis, Keep Wales Safe – marketing material

 

Email from Nigel Hillman. Charterbrook signs – response to my reminder re notice board signs.

 

10/3/21
 

Email from Once Voice Wales – Local Government and Elections Act information

 

Email from One Voice Wales – remote training sessions available

 

Email sent to Katie Powis, Keep Wales Safe to inform her where we had used the promotional material re covid restrictions.

 

 

 

 

11/3/21

 

Email from Welsh Hearts asking if we still would like the £250 grant funding from them to purchase a defibrillator – to be discussed at meeting as to where we purchase.

 

Email from One Voice Wales – Cyber Security information

 

14/3/21

 

Email from a local resident informing us she had carried out a litter pick. Reply sent thanking her and stating as soon as restrictions are lifted, we will organise a litter pick.

 

15/3/21

 

Email from Gowerton Comprehensive School thanking us for the Chair Allowance Donation of £500 which will enable the school to take students to visit prospective colleges, if they are unable to fund themselves.

 

15/3/21

 

Email from One Voice Wales – Membership renewal

 

16/3/21

 

Email from Katies Powis, Keep Wales Safe - new guidance and vaccination update

 

17/3/21

 

Email from Cll Bolchover who forwarded an email from Local Places for Nature re Local Places for Nature Butterfly garden. Clerk has sent a response saying we received all the equipment and enclosed some photos.

 

18/3/21

 

Email from Alison Lowe, Swansea Council - Councillors Allowances & Expenses 2020-2021 - Action Required.  Response to be sent by 9 April. Clerk will send response on 8 April after discussion at Meeting.

 

Email from Cllr Davies saying that a local firm had agreed to do the plaques for trees for free. No further action needed.

 

Email from One Voice Wales – requesting that full information be given when logging in to Starleaf meetings.

 

Email from One Voice Wales - JOINT ONE VOICE WALES/SLCC EVENT – 13 MAY 2021 – Clerk to register.

 

 

 

19/3/21

 

Email from Brett Lewis, Swansea Council – invite to a meeting to discuss funding ideas for coffee shop in the Elba, along with Cllr Jones.

 

22/3/21

 

Email from One Voice Wales - Countryside Code wording briefing - Sight of Code wording for National Access Forum stakeholders

 

Email from One Voice Wales – Remote Training Sessions in April

 

23/3/21

 

Email from One Voice Wales – Digital Connection Survey

 

Email from local resident enquiring about any local shops to rent. Reply saying we do not know of anything at the moment.

 

24/3/21

 

Katie Powis – Keep Wales Safe. Information on countering vaccine side effects.

 

Email from One Voice Wales – Tesco Scam Awareness alerts.

 

Email from Oliver Wickes – Walking Spaces, Wales. Keeping contact and update email.

 

Email from Cllr Jones – Best Team Ward – to bring up in next meeting.

 

Email from Swansea Council – proposal to increase places at Ysgol Pen y Bryn.

 

25/3/21

 

Email from One Voice Wales – information on Compulsory Purchase Order

 

Email from One Voice Wales – Job vacancy in Ammanford.

 

26/3/21

 

Email from Local Resident asking how Councillors are elected and how to obtain access to financial records held by the Community Council. Reply sent by Clerk.

 

Email from One Voice Wales – appointment of three board members.

 

29/3/21

 

Email from Cllr Howells – are we able to put signage up re dog waste bins?

 

 

115. QUESTIONS FOR BUSINESS

 

  1. Community Council to put objectives in regarding Cefn Gorwydd site.
  2. Email to Welsh Office regarding loopholes in the system for planning.
  3. Instagram account – post to make people aware of break in’s in Gowerton.
  4. Cllr Emmerton to arrange 1 year appraisal for the Clerk.
  5. Cllr Davies has been watering the trees,and putting signs in the notice board.
  6. Cllr Bolchover is concerned about the pollution and smoke in the Woodlands area. Clerk to email Swansea Council.
  7. Cllr Howells requested that dog waste signs be put up around the village. Clerk to contact Swansea Council.
  8. Cllr Emmerton commented on the success of the new Cycle/Footpath since it has opened. However, the section under the bridge near Mill Street is quite dangerous due to the amount of cyclists using the pavement to ride and not dismounting. Clerk to contact Swansea Council.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

116.  PLANNING MATTERS

 

Application No: 2021/0646/106 Date Registered: 09.03.2021 Electoral Division: Gowerton - Area 2

Status: Being Considered Map Ref: 259543 196004 Development Type: All Others (CPLDS, Prior etc)

Location: Former Cefn Gorwydd Colliery, Gowerton, Swansea, SA4 3AN

 

Proposal: Modification of Section 106 agreement attached to planning permission 2017/1451/OUT granted 10th August 2018, to remove the education contribution for the English Medium primary school only and change the trigger point for the education payment; to reduce the Highway contribution to £20,000; and to include a Mortgage In Possession Clause for the social rented affordable housing.

 

Applicant: Pobl Group Agent: Mr. Phil Baxter

 

Community Council to object on the grounds that POBL should honour the original conditions of the application and make a contribution to the primary school.

 

 

 

 

Meeting closed at 8.30pm

 

 

 

                                                                                                Chairperson                                                                            

………………………………

 

 

Contact us today!

If you have any queries or wish to make an appointment, please contact us:

 

Clerk:

Allison James

0754 5251945

Gowertoncommunitycouncil4@gmail.com